Department of Persian
The Dept. of Persian represents one of the richest oriental languages in the erstwhile capital city of Bijapur. By imparting education in the Persian language the Dept. continued the then Adil Shahi culture and heritage in the vicinity.
- Besides the regular teaching, the Dept. conducted the Seminars, Group Discussion, Guest Lectures and Department Project.
- The students took part in the ‘Heritage Rally’ organized by the Dist. Administration to create awareness about the preservation and conservation of Bijapur Monuments.
- The Head of the Dept. Prof. R. H. Killedar, when consulted solved some research problems of Dr. Shikhdar.
- His interview appeared in the Documentary of Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad telecasted in the DD (Urdu) on the subject of Culture of Bijapur
- He presented a Research Paper at the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- He also delivered 2 lectures as Resource Person at the Academic College, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- He oftentimes consults the Directors of Iran Culture House, New Delhi and Mumbai, with a view to seeking knowledge of the development of Persian language.
- The students completed a Dept. A project entitled, ‘Unpublished Epigraphs of Tikota Town’.
- The Head and the students assisted the Dept. of History and Archaeology in carrying out the Dept. Projects and research work of Dr. Abdul Gani Imaratwale.
- The Head is actively involved in the College and University’s academic and examination works of UG & PG.