In the historical city of Bijapur, with the able efforts of the management members of Anjuman-e-Islam, the faculty of Arts started in the year 1972. It was a humble beginning, today it is a full-fledged college having all the three faculties of Arts, Science & Commerce. It has a team of committed, painstaking, efficient lecturers, a good library, well- equipped laboratories, Computer labs with internet facility, large playground, healthy atmosphere & ever-growing students strength. Then started strength exceeds to 1500 and 75 members of staff, with a new independent building of its own and a beautiful garden.Ever since the college was founded, it is confronting and surmounting all the odds, now it is exemplary for its innovative teaching, punctuality, discipline & good administration.
The growing student’s strength, as well as good results of the college, bear the testimony of a bright future.The sole object of the college is to prepare the students mentally to march ahead along with the changing times and needs so that most productive, secular & peace-loving citizens are produced year after year from this college.
Creation of better society through excellence in higher education, empowerment of women and weaker section through better knowledge and making its members more productive.
- To inculcate in students scientific & temperament to combat age-old superstitions.To provide quality education and innovations.
- To motivate students to strengthen competitiveness.
- To make students able to serve the community through self-help.
- To create awareness among the students about the changing situations in the National/International arena.
- To inculcate in students a sense of discipline/National-ism/Communal Harmony and Brotherhood.
Goals & Objectives:
- To bring the excellence in all spheres of education.
- To evolve better education system capable of creating a better human resource for overall development.
- To implement an effective system of review of the programme.
- To develop creativity and innovation in teaching-learning evaluation.
- To impart the spirit of inquiry and scientific temper amongst students community through research.
- To maintain the quality of academic and other aspects of campus life.
- To stress on the foundation and strategic thinking of cultural ability.
- To provide flexibility to fit the talents of staff and students.
- Independent building for conventional courses.
- Principal & Director Chambers.
- 17 Classrooms
- Conference hall
- NCC Office
- NSS Office
- Laboratories: Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Criminology, Physics, Geography, Psychology & Agricultural Marketing.
- Computer Lab with Wi-Fi Facility
- Fire safety equipment
- Placement Cell
- Staff Room for Gents
- Staff Room for Ladies
- Administrative office
- Playground. 400 meter. Track
- Tennis court
- Employee’s Co-op Society
- Xerox and Pay Phone
- Parking Shed